Important Facts And Myths About Your Car Battery
The car battery functions the same way a transformer does for our home appliances ie Supplying Power. This tiny box stores electricity to power electrical components and make sure your car gets started within a turn of the key or by pressing an engine button.
A human mind loves stories and, stories are a mother of myths and facts. In the case of car batteries, there are numerous facts and myths which are spread in large volumes and made their place in the human mind. As your prime auto care partner, we are inspecting some facts and myths in modern cars to take out what’s the actual truth.
- MYTH: Batteries get discharged faster in winters.
- Reality: Absolute No, Battery discharge is higher in summers due to high temperature.
- MYTH: Not using a car frequently means the battery is good
- Reality: A Car battery is an electrochemical device that loses charge over time.
- MYTH: Covering a short distance will recharge the car battery
- Reality: It takes a lot of power consumption when the car is moving and, that is the reason it is difficult that a small distance will recharge the battery, covering the energy lost.
- MYTH: The car Battery has nothing to do with its performance.
- Reality: Car battery as per the specifications perform better and lasts longer. Many auto experts recommend using high-quality brand batteries that are tested according to the make and model of the car.
- MYTH: Heavy Battery ensures better performance
- Reality: True, Lead is the prime component of the battery, and the more the lead, the better performance.
4 Signs It Is Almost Time For a New Battery
Assume this situation, a person with whom you are in a long-distance relationship calls you out from nowhere and tells you to come to the airport. You become excited as hell, wear your favorite dress, put on your perfume and get into the car, turn the keys, and nothing happens. You try again and again, but still, the same results. Isn’t it something that you don’t like to experience at all?
A fully functioning car battery is the most integral part of a smooth-running car which does everything from playing your favorite track on the radio to turn the car engine on as soon as you press the button. Just like any electrical component comes with life and subject to wear and tear, car batteries also need to be replaced when their performance gets adversely affected. Below are some of the signs that indicate replacing the car batteries or taking car battery service.
1. Taking time to start the engine
After some time, the car battery components will wear out and take more time than usual to start. It will get slower with time. If you are experiencing any such issue, time to take your car to expert mechanics and get a car battery replacement service.
2. Dim Headlights
The battery is solely responsible for supplying charge to all electronics present in your car. You will experience less brightness in the car headlights after some time when the battery power reduces. It is a clear indication that car batteries need to be changed.
3. Your car has an old battery
Get the car battery replaced after every 4-5 years is recommended by many auto care experts. The battery performance starts deteriorating due to dynamic driving habits, climates, and electronic consumptions. If your car is still functioning on an old battery, then better to get it tested to understand its current performance.
4. Bad Odour
As car batteries are subject to wear and tear, car batteries can leak gases when there is damage to the battery. If you smell rotten eggs while opening the hood, it’s time to get your car to a skilled mechanic and get your batteries replaced.
10 Things You Should Know About Changing Your Car Battery
We believe in updating our customers with relevant information and data that we have collected over the years by being active members of the auto care industry. Some of the crucial information you should know as a car lover while dealing with changing your batteries.
This data is made by our auto care experts who have spent numerous hours in a day for several years under the car and providing top-class services to our customers.
1. Car batteries dry faster in summers and die in approximately three years. In the case of winters, the numbers can go up to 5 years with proper care.
2. Chronic Overcharging is one of the prime reasons behind premature battery failure.
3. Considering the owner manual is recommended by many auto care experts if you wish to DIY battery replacement.
4. Car batteries get constantly drained even if the car is parked.
5. Relevant replacement of car battery is crucial for optimum performance. Hence, taking the consideration of auto care mechanics is essential for best results.
6. Disconnect the negative cable should be the first step while replacing car batteries
7. Car batteries need to be fully charged before they are ready to take place in your car.
8. Removing the clamping device becomes essential while lifting the dead battery.
9. Car battery should be kept in the upright position to prevent leakage of electrolyte solution, a corrosive acid.
10. Using a clamping device is recommended to eliminate any vibration while placing a new car battery in the tray.
Batteries are essential to start your car and charge up its electrical components. The battery might look very tiny in front of your car but, there is no point in going down in its selection.
Our Auto care experts understand every tiny detail regarding car battery service to provide solutions exclusively made for your car. We make sure that after getting car battery service from our car service Adelaide workshop, you do not need to focus on your battery issues for a long period of time.