Disregarding your car’s routine maintenance schedule is a sin. Cars are a good deal expensive but nevertheless a powerful investment. To avoid causing depreciation, keep your car clean and well-maintained to retain its value. Read on to learn more about 5 amazing mechanical repair services that can aid in extending your car’s life by ten folds.
5 Amazing Mechanical Car Services
1. Fluid Servicing
Fluid Servicing is inspecting fluid levels in a car to ensure the vehicle’s proper functioning. There are a few fluids that need to be kept in check every once in a while:
a) Engine Oil
Engine Oil keeps the car functioning smooth and safe. Identifying issues with the engine oil is a vital part of the maintenance process. Here’s a three-step way to find, identify and keep the engine oil in check:
- To begin, remove the dipstick and clean it with a towel or rag.
- Then, completely re-insert the dipstick and take it out again. The oil should be visible on the dipstick.
- The dipstick has marked areas to highlight maximum and minimum levels. The oil should be near the maximum level. Go for an oil change, if the oil looks slightly black or brown in color.
Coolant keeps the engine from overheating and prevents damage. Coolants come in different types and colors. It is important to replace the original coolant with the same type of coolant that a car’s user manual suggests. Here’s how you can keep the coolant in check:
- Open the radiator cap and look to see if the liquid is filled to the top.
- If the liquid does not hit the full line, you can top it off with a 50/50 mixture of water and coolant up to the brim.
c) Power Steering Fluid
Power steering fluids help to maneuver steep turns, keep moving parts lubricated and protect against breakage. Power Steering components include the steering wheel, steering coupler, steering gear, steering column, power steering hoses, and the power steering pump.
In the engine bay, look for a dipstick or reservoir cap with a power steering sticker. Checking for the power steering fluid with a dipstick is close to checking for engine oil with a dipstick.
d) Brake Fluid
The brake fluid ensures the safety and prevents accidental damages. Check in the brake fluid reservoir for color or level changes to identify potential issues.
e) Windshield washer Fluid
This fluid is important for safety reasons. Windshield washer fluid enables clear viewing while driving and keeping it in check is a pre-requisite. Look for the washer cap and check if the fluid is filled to the brim. If not, fill it up with new washer fluid.
2. Wheel Alignment Servicing
Wheel Alignment is the process of adjustment of the steering wheel angles to prevent premature wear and tear of a vehicle. A wheel alignment servicing every two to three years enables safety, smooth functioning, and longevity. Listed below are the most obvious signs that’ll convince you to reach out for a car mechanic at the earliest:
- Screeching Tyres
- Troubled steering while driving straight
- Uneven tyre wear and tear
- Noisy steering
- Steering pulling to the right or left
3. Air Filter Servicing
Air Filter Servicing ensures clean air in the engine for smooth and efficient operation. Air filter helps to keep dust, dirt, and debris away from the engine. A blocked air filter causes problems like engine wear and tear, power loss, ignition trouble, decreased efficiency, and acceleration default.
It is strongly recommended to change a car’s air filter every 12 months but other factors such as driving conditions and dirt accumulation may require you to send your car to an electro-mechanical repair center sooner or later.
4. Air-Conditioning Service
Air conditioners require maintenance after a specific period of time. The AC contains fluids that keep moving parts lubricated and running. Proper servicing guarantees routine checks for leaks and restocked fluids for efficiency. The Air conditioner has 5 components namely – Compressor, Accumulator, Condenser, Evaporator, and Expansion Valve.
5. Fuel System Cleaning
A routine fuel system cleaning is very much necessary to prolong car life. It cleans up all the accumulated dirt build up for a smooth performance. A blocked or clogged fuel system causes ignition issues, power loss, poor gas mileage and reduced efficiency. Below mentioned is a three-step guide on how to clean the fuel system properly:
- Run the engine, add a cleaner to the gas and start cleaning the gas pump, injectors and fuel lines
- Place another cleaner onto the engine to clean the combustion chambers. Remove all the accumulated dirt, gunk, debris and carbon deposits.
- Use a third cleaner to manually clean the air-intake and eliminate deposits for unrestricted air flow and efficiency.
Routine car servicing and inspection are immensely vital to help keep your vehicle in a good shape. Ignoring servicing schedules will only cause trouble and road trips will be hands down a total disaster. So, the next time you are hitting the road off to Adelaide or perhaps a planned getaway to the Kangaroo Island, Associate with professional car inspection Adelaide centers for the desired assistance!