- by ASFA AUTO
- Tuesday June 8, 2021
Buying your dream car is like once in a lifetime achievement. With the magical innovations of technology, more people are indulging in buying hybrid and electric vehicles for a more convenient commute. But no matter whether you have a hybrid electric car or a traditional one, you must keep certain things in mind for its maintenance. If you are a car owner in Adelaide, another most important requirement for keeping a car maintained in the best ways is to take it to a good service provider or a reliable car mechanic at regular time intervals.
Importance of regular checks on Engine Light and Fluid Levels
- Check fluids under the hood: Fluid plays a vital role in the car and overall car health. So, try to clean the hood at least once every month and check the fluid level to ensure that your vehicle runs smoothly. After driving for a certain distance, please park your vehicle in a well-lit, flat area and let it cool for 20 minutes. Try to keep the Owner’s manual, spare rag or towel, funnel, gloves in your vehicle and seek fuel injector cleaning service once every one or two months. And whenever you will require a fuel injector replacement, try to get it done from a reliable car service company.
- Check the oil: For checking the oil, you will have to identify the dipstick. Do not confuse your oil dipstick with your transmission fuel dipstick; to be sure, refer to your Owner’s manual. Pull the dipstick out, clean its end with a rag and reinsert it; this will provide you with a clean reading of the fluid level.
Repeat this after every two to three months, and if you notice that the oil is not near the full line, you will have to add more oil. If you find that you are adding oil almost regularly, you probably have a leak and need to have it checked by a professional car mechanic who provides diesel injector services. If the oil color is black or dark, instead of clear, shiny, light brown, then your will requires an oil change. It is better to get the oil changed from a car service center as they generally provide quality services of fuel injector repair and professional fuel injector cleaning services.
- Check wiper fluid for your car’s windshield: the windshield wiper fluid reservoir is typically a large, white plastic container that has an image of a windshield on it. If the fluid level of your windshield wiper is lesser than three quarters or lower than the fill line, remove the cap and make sure to add some windshield fluid with the help of a funnel. Try not to add water as the wiper fluid is a mixer of soap and anti-freeze liquid which do not freeze in cold weather. You can get these fluids at a gas station or any auto parts store. Make sure to put back the lid securely when you are done.
- Check the engine light: The best way to maintain your engine is by seeking regular car engine service from a reliable auto service and maintenance provider. No matter what the control panel indicator might show, the drivers can get quite scared. If your check engine light is on, it might happen for various reasons, and the reasons vary from car to car. But if you notice check engine light, it is better to opt for a professional car engine repair service as soon as possible; otherwise, it might severely damage your engine. If you make it late, then the car engine replacement will be the only option left with you.
Some vehicles have slight variations in the indicator that determines whether it is a dire emergency or will be fine to get it checked after some weeks. If check engine light appears prominent, then it indicates a less serious issue, whereas when the indicator blinks and light, it might require immediate attention. But, if the indicator is on, make sure to drive gently so that there’s no strain on the engine and take care of the major issues like low oil pressure or an overheating engine.
- Scan the code that the sensor stores: Check engine light is a part of a system that monitors diagnostics relating to emissions, engine efficiency, fuel efficiency, and other things. This system turns on the indicator whenever a problem is identified. It also stores a code that can provide certain information regarding the issue. Professional car mechanics can read this code with their tools and look for the problem and solve it instead of detailing the faulty component.
So, besides taking care of your car as much as possible, it is also important to get it serviced by professional auto repair and maintenance companies. They will provide complete services, determine any problem and help you when you need engine replacement, car engine oil check, and other engine repair services.