Imagine yourself driving around 1 PM, meeting an unwanted traffic jam, and all you are hoping for is some air after your opening car windows. We guess no one wants to imagine this sweaty and uncomfortably tacky situation that can affect your whole day. One of the crucial parts that cannot be neglected by any car owner is its air conditioning. We all love the chilling air that makes us survive the hot climate and elevate the mood with a fresh atmosphere created in the car. Just like regular car servicing is essential for keeping the car performing at its peak, the air conditioning done by a car mechanic at frequent intervals ensures all its components are working and prevent us from expensive repairs.
How Automotive Air Conditioning Works?
Car air conditioning cannot be put under the section of luxury as refreshing fresh air is the least a person can expect from his/her car after a tiring day at work. The cool breezing air from the air conditioner does not come from the ice machine that we say to small kids who ask how the air conditioner works. The car A/C has many components and works through a process which works like:
1. Compressor – The compressor provides refrigerant pressure that transforms vapor refrigerant into a liquid refrigerant.
2. Condensor – The condenser is responsible for removing the refrigerant heat and push it to the expansion valve.
3. Expansion Valve – It expands high pressure by sending the low-temperature liquid refrigerant.
4. Evaporator – Situated behind the A.C vent, it takes car heat and converts it into liquid refrigerant.
5. Reciever Dryer – It is responsible for removing the moisture from the refrigerant and send it to the evaporator.
3 Signs your Car Air Conditioner might need repairing
Whether it’s a TV remote control or any other electronic appliance, we as humans, have a tendency of looking after things only when they stop working. Although, it’s good to go for service or repairing before getting things too problematic or go out of hand. In terms of car air conditioners, it becomes essential for catching the indications or red flags that might call for the need for repairing from a skilled car air conditioning repair professional.
1. Loss/ Decrease in cooling power – The most obvious reason indicating the need for Air conditioning repair service is losing the cooling capacity. The loss of cooling can happen due to several reasons, such as a broken blower motor, a damaged condenser, or a failed fuse.
2. Bad Odour – If you can smell some kind of bad odor while your A.C is on, it may be due to dirty air filters which require replacement. Another reason for the odor is the musty evaporator case which also requires proper cleaning by an expert air-conditioner mechanic.
3. Fluid Leaks – Leakage of fluids can occur when there are fitting issues in the A/C evaporator, compressor, or condenser. Leakage in fluids can also cause a loss in cooling capacity; hence, it requires to be repaired by experts.
Benefits of Regular Car Air Conditioning Service
Almost every piece of electrical equipment on earth requires regular maintenance after a particular period and, Car Air conditioners are no different. We all know that even if we hire a cab, the first thing we consider is a functioning air conditioner as it is a must if you want to experience a great time throughout your journey. In terms of Air conditioners, they too require regular air conditioning servicing and care that in return provide many benefits dwelled below:
Importance of Regular Air Conditioning Service
1. Consistent Performance – The car air conditioner is also subject to wear and tear like other components in your car. In regular car servicing, the professionals inspect the entire system and fix all the issues that ensure the best performance of your car air conditioners for years to come.
2. Reduced Risk of compressor failure – Compressor is the most crucial and expensive part of the air conditioning service. Regular servicing of car air conditioner maintains the refrigerant and lubricant levels, eliminating the risk of costly compressor failure.
3. Replacement of Bad Parts – When your car gets regular servicing, the mechanics can figure out the damaged parts and replace them with genuine parts. As car air conditioning service is complex and interconnected, bad or non-working components replacement at the earliest becomes necessary for stopping the further damage that they can cause to other components.
4. Pure Air Quality – The air that comes from the air conditioner you like to feel by touching with your hands goes through numerous filtering processes. There are many components in the Car Air conditioner which purify the air and remove all the dust and other particles. Regular servicing will clear out junk and allow you to experience pure air from your car’s air conditioner.
5. Better Driving Experience
Would you open your car windows if your car a.c is providing you with enough cooling? You won’t? A splendid working air conditioner will make your every journey filled with comfort and happiness all around that you’ll like to cherish. Regular service ensures no emergency breakdowns which might occur if you skip your car ac service.
The air conditioner is one of the constraints most people rely heavily upon during hot and humid summers. Taking care of your car air conditioner will repay you for handling your summers effectively. Going for qualified repair houses for getting the best treatment for air conditioners is recommended by many automobile experts. As a professional car workshop, we enhance your driving experience and the life of the air conditioner simultaneously. we have a profound skill of working with cars of different makes and models and providing tailor-made solutions catering to requirements.